6/4/07: The FDA warns consumers to avoid using toothpaste made in China because it may contain a poisonous chemical used in antifreeze - diethylene glycol. Over 40 deaths have already been reported.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Rigmarole

Drama, drama, drama. Do you love drama? Everybody else does -- Except me. It appears that gossip seems to be the incandescent light bulb that attracts all insects (and I don't mean that condescendingly, mind you). So, you like drama? Well then, here you are: rigmarole for your entertainment.

Recall that I missed my pop quiz in Medical and Scientific Terminology? I got a chance to speak to my professor Friday morning about it, and he allowed me to redress it -- I received an 86. After that little adventure, I walked back to my dorm only to be affronted by my roommate (she attends the same class). The conversation went similar to as follows:

Roommate: Where'd you go?
Myself: To talk to the professor to see if I can make up my quiz.
Roommate: What'd he say?
Myself: He let me take it.
Roommate: You suck! (Then proceeds to turn the other way and ignores me.)


The professor is the sweetest little man (literally, he's shorter than I am) with the most adorable British accent and he let me retake the quiz that I missed because he takes remorse in over-worked students, which is quite rare at UT, whereas the person that I've shared a room with for the past 6 months and bolstered through all of her issues would rather see me fail than succeed in a class? Throughout the entire course, I've consecutively made grades > 90 on the exams whereas she's obtained < 68's. My apologies if she's slightly not up to par as far as academia goes, but hoping someone else does badly in no way brings up her grade; instead, it makes her appear selfish and Machiavellian. Friends wish for good outcomes among one another, not ill kismet. Needless to say, I was quite offended, especially after all the energy I've devoted catering to her desiderata.

On the topic of her desiderata -- The love interest that she has been pursuing for the past 6 months is finally one no more. To explain the entire story would require far too much time and typing, hence, the general perspective is as such:

Girl likes boy. Boy leads girl on. Girl fails to see but soon becomes obsessed with boy. Roommate of girl warns girl not to get close and to half-heartedly move on. Girl refuses. Boy does stupid stuff and girl gets hurt. Boy apologizes and girl forgives. Girl becomes more obsessed with boy. Roommate, again, suggests she forget about the boy and move on. Girl ignores roommate. Girl becomes so absorbed into boy that she fails exams, cries when boy hangs out with female friends, and constantly calls boy. Boy tells girl's male friend that he thinks she is clingy -- Girl is surprised, roommate is not. Girl gets hopes up too high after boy kisses girl and roommate tries to bring her back down to earth and fails to do so. Girl begins spending weekends at boy's apartment. Girl decides to transfer to boy's university despite everyone's disapproval. Mutual friend of girl and boy tells girl that boy doesn't want a relationship with her, instead, finds her crazy in character and is interested in another girl. Again, girl is surprised, roommate is not. Girl professes interest in boy no more, but roommate remains skeptical.

That more-or-less paraphrases the past 6 months of their relationship (or lack thereof) rollercoaster. Every minute of her life was filled with Blake, Blake, Blake -- She had fallen for this jerk and she had fallen hard. I've recently come to believe that men are simply not worth this sort of agony. Although most of my friends say that I am most likely the first to marry out of all of them, my morale on male decency is cynical beyond repair. Maybe Mr.Right doesn't exist, or I'm simply not looking in the most opportune locales. I refuse, though, to ever step foot in a bar to look for a partner -- That's just... not my character.

Moving on to the next topic -- Summer housing.
Ehh, it is getting late and I have an 8am class. 'Till next time, my little munchkins.

No comments: